Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Microsoft Word question

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi!! Any ideas would be appreciated!! (I would like to apologize in advance for my computer illiteracy) I just got my computer back from being fixed. (It got "dropped") Microsoft word is creating duplicates (some encoded and some not) of documents that I am working on. It has never happened before - any ideas of why would this happen????

Also, I found this file called SNDMon.log dated 7/26/05. When I opened it it read We failed to open it with SC_MANAGER_ALL_ACCESS privileges. What's that?

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I found someone with a similar problem on askmarvin

Sorry I dont have time to go through all your listings, but in regards to the SNDmon.log
SNDmon.exe is a file used by Norton Symantec Antivirus and I presume that the SNDmon.log is the log file it produces. It is possible your installation of Nortons is unstable and I would suggest you do a full uninstall and reinstall of it.
SC_manager is a windowsnt Service Control Manager