Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Packard Bell PCI

• Please log in to reply

kl3377

kl3377

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Packard Bell Multimedia 730 MII with windows 98se, 4 GB hard drive, and 128 MB RAM (Freebie). I have a cable modem and a LINKSYS Wireless Router that I use with my laptop. I am trying to install a Wireless PCI Adapter in the above computer for my daughter to gain access to the internet.
I am not very computer literate but the computer appears to have two open PCI slots and meets the minimum system requirements, however, when I install the Wireless PCI Adapter and turn the computer back on the monitor does not come on. I can only assume that it thinks I installed a video card in the PCI slot. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to install this card? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements