Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

convert .wmv file to mpeg2

• Please log in to reply

sevver

sevver

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Does anyone know what program that I could use to convert .wmv file to mpeg2 or 1? I need to be able to play the file with Intervideo WinDVD.

Edited by sevver, 01 August 2005 - 07:53 PM.

Advertisements

Space-Man

Space-Man

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
Do a search on Google for wmv to mpeg2 converters.

sevver

sevver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Excellent reply Space-Man! My question to you, is why do you come to a forum dedicated to helping people when you have absolutely nothing to offer? I am well aware of google, and having done a google search previously, rather thatn installing and uninstalling a bunch of adware infested apps on my PC, I figured that I would come here for some help.

See, I would have thought that maybe someone here would have had an interest in video editing and could suggest (recommend) and application which would convert my file cleanly and easily. You on the other hand only want to start a flame war. I am in. :tazz:

woody1977

woody1977

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I will hopefully reply helpfully, I just recently got winavi, this converts practically evrything, very good program, quick and comes with a burner option if you have nero express, which makes it easy to burn your disks aswell.

HTH woody

sevver

sevver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Thanks for the reply, I actually just used nero to burn the file to a svcd format and it did what I wanted to on the fly. Got lucky. I am going to check out winavi. and see what it can do.
Thanks woody1977.
Steve