Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

internet explorer wont let me update it

• Please log in to reply

Angelinstx

Angelinstx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can someone please help me. I get the "Updates are ready for your computer" Icon the when I click on it, I get the Install option. I choose the recommended option and then I get this message:

[Error number: 0x800A0046]
Please change your Internet Explorer security settings
To save changes to your settings for this website, you need to enable userdata persistence for Internet Explorer. Complete the steps below, and then click Change settings to the left and try saving your changes again.
In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the Security tab, click the Internet security zone icon, and then click Custom Level.
In the Settings dialog box, scroll to the Miscellaneous section.
Under Userdata persistence , select Enable.
Click OK and when the security warning dialog box appears, click Yes.

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem yourself.

I tried doing this over and over and it keep popping up and wont let me download updates.

I also get Nextag pop ups .Please help

Advertisements