Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing ATL.DLL file

• Please log in to reply

SPARROW4u

SPARROW4u

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have been trying to help a friend out who recently reformatted their hard drive. Since doing this when the computer boots up the following error message appears A required .dll file, ATL.dll was not found. I have found the file on the microsoft site and have downloaded to the desktop but I am unsure where to install it or how to for that matter. The operating system is windows 98.

Also since the reformat it only alows you to work in 16 bit or 2 bit. I understand after reading earlier posts that I should download the driver the problem is I can't locate the driver. It is a BrookTree bt360 mediastream controller. It also crashes when you are using internet explorer for no apparent reason.

If anyone can be of any help it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by SPARROW4u, 01 August 2005 - 09:31 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
In this computer there is a copy of Atl.dll in C:\windows\system and another, same file size, in the acrobat reader folder. If the file you DLed is a .dll it just needs to be moved to the folder, if it's a zip it needs to be extracted to the folder.

SPARROW4u

SPARROW4u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thanks for that it seems to of worked well at least I am not getting that error message anymore but now I get MSVCP60.dll cannot be found. I have tried to locate the file so I could download it but I can't find it. Any ideas?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Thanks for that it seems to of worked well at least I am not getting that error message anymore but now I get MSVCP60.dll cannot be found. I have tried to locate the file so I could download it but I can't find it. Any ideas?

View Post

I've had to install that one too, but I just Googled till I found a download site. On older versions of Windows it is either missing or outdated. You may be able to find it if you search the Microsoft download site.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can get it here if you still need it

http://www.dll-files...s.shtml?msvcp60

SPARROW4u

SPARROW4u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts