Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help, SLI sytem in trouble!

• Please log in to reply

chefcheech

chefcheech

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
So today I was playing BF2 with my new pc (amd 4000+ on an SLI mobo running 2 6800 gts with a 580w power supply) and all of a sudden my pc and everything in my room and my roomates room just shuts off completely. i had to go reset the breaker and such becuz of it.

my question is is the power supply i have enough to run this machine?? its an antec 580w and i know of greater and more expensive power supplies but i figured i had one good enough.

also, some times my computer doesnt recognize my 2nd vid card, I think this might be because when i DO get it to run in SLI mode I think the 2nd card overheats. I have checked the temp of the 2nd card and compared it to the temp of the 1st one and at one time the 1st card was about 70-74 degrees while the second card was running at like 94-96 degrees!! i have about 6 fans in my case and i dont understand whats happening, that is just my theory.

ANY HELP ON THIS WOULD BE GREAT!

chef

Advertisements

chefcheech

chefcheech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
bump

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The power suply is ample to run to cards, but sli is a buggy system problems are to be expected, not many people if any on here use sli so probably why no one has answered.