Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinFixer 2005 - and can't boot from CD

• Please log in to reply

Kerk

Kerk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey, I thought the MSNews forums were good. You "guys" are great. So much fun to read the threads. ANYWAY, a client called me for help. They have WinFixer 2005. I couldn't get to the internet on their system to check it out or do anything. I.E. just dries up -- a little hourglass then nothing.

So the client is willing to re-load, but I can't get the computer to read the CD drive. Hmmmm maybe it was because I put in an OEM Windows XP in it? just bypasses it and goes to Windows on the hard drive. I go into change which drive it boots to - but it still will boot only to the hard drive. They had 2 XP disks - the silvery OEM variety and the maroon Dell variety. The maroon Dell variety I could get to - but it said that the ver of windows I have is later, so it has no buttons for me - no next, no OK, nothing.

I can't do anything I need to be on line for. I can only get to a ruined form of IE., which isn't really IE at all.... so I can't get to any site to download anything. I can send email, so the connection is still there, but I.E. fizzled out.

Is there a solution?

Thanks.

Advertisements