Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer stuck on startup

• Please log in to reply

no0bzilla

no0bzilla

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey everyone, I'm in need of help. Everytime I start my computer I get stuck at the screen that lets me choose how to start my Windows. I choose Start Windows Normally, and it just takes me back to the same screen, can anyone help me out and fix this.

EDIT: Okay now I'm using the windows recovery method, but it asks me for administrator password in order to do a recovery, but I never have an administrator password!! I've tried admin and password as the password and they both don't work.

Edited by no0bzilla, 01 August 2005 - 10:55 PM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
If this is your own computer and you never set up an administrative password, then the password is blank. Just hit the enter key.

makai

no0bzilla

no0bzilla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
But it says press ENTER to cancel, and when I just press enter, it doesn't do anything. All i get is C:\Windows

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
amazing problem .. well if you dont have admin account just no password ..

try to recall may be you have set any account while installing it :tazz:

garyo1954

garyo1954

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
If you are going to the prompt can you get a directory listing?
When you get to C:\WINDOWS: try typing:

dir

Hit enter and you should get a listing of the directories and files. if nothing happens you might be locking up.

if you get a listing let us know.

G

no0bzilla

no0bzilla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yep, when I type dir I do get a listing, so what do I do next?

EDIT: Okay I've found a thread that has the same problem as me, and in one of the replys there was a link http://support.micro...om/?kbid=307545 I think I'm going to try the instructions on this.

Edited by no0bzilla, 02 August 2005 - 09:53 AM.

garyo1954

garyo1954

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
:tazz:

I'll keep an eye on this thread just in case....

G