Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD burner quit

• Please log in to reply

Acacia21

Acacia21

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 Laptop computer with windows XP, and today I recieved a new Buslink USB CD Recorder. Today, I burned one disk, and the second one stopped burning. So I stopped it, and after that, the burner has not worked since. I plug it in, and it does nothing. When I try to burn a disk, it tells me that no CD Burner can be found. I only have 2 USB ports, and when I plugged it into the second one, it says that the Device Malfunctioned. Now when I plug it into either USB ports, nothing shows up, and the CD burner still does not work. When I installed it, I installed the CD burning program, but there was no program to install the CD burner, I just plugged the USB cable into the USB port and it said, "Ready to use" so I am not sure if it needs to be reinstalled, and if so, I don't know how. I have already re-installed my Nero program twice, and that has not helped, and when I looked under the Device Manager, my CD Burner was not even on the list. I hope someone can help me because I am very confused. :tazz:

Advertisements

Acacia21

Acacia21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you everyone, nevermind, I fixed the problem, my CD Burner works great now. Thanks again, bye. :tazz:

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
could you please tell us the fix

Rick

Acacia21

Acacia21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
What I did was unplug the hardware, restart my comp, and plug the cord into the second USB port, not the first one I used, and it works perfectly now.