Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application errors on ie6sp1 reinstall & reboot

• Please log in to reply

prozoman

prozoman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi!
I am havein XP pro sp2 on my PIV 1.7GHz system. yesterday my ie was not able to open internet.All attempts were futile. I have a internet cable connection. other browsers are able to access net but not ie. So i thought some files might be corrupted. So i tried to reinstall ie6sp1. But it did not allow. So I searched net and found out that if you put a /Q key after ie6setup exe (ie6setup.exe /Q) it will bypass the version check and install. After doing this it did install without version verification but reboot failed. I got error "the procedure entry point AssocGet PerceivedType could not be located in the dynamic link library shlwapi.dll" and boot failed. So i again got a solution from net and copied winlogon.exe, msgina.dll, shlwapi.dll shell32.dll back to system32 folder through recovery console and then my system rebooted normally. But when userlogon screen appeared i got another error message " svchost.exe: application error & if you cancel it one more error window popped up saying explorer.exe error : application error - the instruction at "0x 7c80ac9b" referenced memory at " 0x80040119" the momory could not be read" Check OK to terminate the program or click cancel to debug. But what ever you do, all the desktop icons vanish and reappear in a minute back and the explorer.exe error window is back.

I dont know now how to fix this....Please help. MY ISP's server logon software also fails to logon . I have found out that many programs which are dependant on explorer.exe are not working. I have norton antivirus 2005 installed. spysweeper is also there. all my definitions are uptodate.

I feel some error happened during the ie6 update process. please help... i messed up my system. ....................my last choice is to reformat c drive.

Thanks.....for reading my request with patience.

Advertisements

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
ssame svchost error ;) .. its blast i think blast virsu .. msblast :) ..

try to chek your system with antivirus :tazz:

prozoman

prozoman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the tip! I will do that and get back..
Regards.

prozoman

prozoman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
HI!

Can anyone help me please?

Here is another clue from my system. The error message i received was:

drwtsn32.exe

The exception unknown software exeption (0xc0000409) occured in the application location 0x59a7295d.

Please help............... Various applications show error messages if you attempt to start them and they fail to load. All give the same exception number and the application location number.

PROZOMAN