Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

comp restarts if i go to certain site

• Please log in to reply

hayate18

hayate18

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help. I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer. Lately if i go to a site that offers translation from japanese to english or english to japanese, my comp gets rebooted automatically i have no idea what is wrong. My comp runs fine without going to the translating site.

Advertisements

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
welcome to geeks to go any ways :tazz:

hmm i think that site may have any .exe or any file that contains virus ..

which is blocked by your antiviral .. thats why its rebooting ..

may be that virus contains restart services ;) ..

not sure let senior to explain also

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Post the link?

Johanna

Corpus

Corpus

• Pip
  • 6 posts
It could be your internet. My computer used to do this when I first got it, and basically it was because I was using a USB cable to connect to my modem, and it - it being a Scientific Atlanta WebSTAR DPX100 - really didn't like that. I just had to start using an ethernet cable and it was fine.

I might be totally wrong about this, but hopefully I've been of some help :tazz: