Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Find Drivers

• Please log in to reply

SPARROW4u

SPARROW4u

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I am trying to download Brooktree drvers Bt878 Video capture Device -Audio Section and the Brooktree Bt360 mediastream controller so the computer will work in 256 colour. Unfortunately every time I try to do this Internet Explorer crashes even before the download starts error: Illegal operation detail Explorer cause an invalid page fault in module Kernel 32.dll. The version of internet explorer is 4.01 and the operating system is 98. I also get the following error message when going to the microsoft site an error has occured in the script on this page and I can't view all of the microsoft site most importantly windows update. I can download the drivers on another computer but I don't want to save it to the hard drive in case I suffer problems as this computer runs XP. The only option is from the site www.driverguide.com but I ghave to pay to get a copy of the driver on CD and I don't want to give out credit card details to an unknown site especially if I don't know if this will fix the problem.

any help wopuld be much appreciated

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could use save to your CDRW Drive on the XP Machine, also if you do not install it to the XP Machine, removing it won't cause an issue.

Have you looked at repairing IE

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If you're reinstalling an operating system the first thing you need to do is get the latest version of IE, the older versions can't handle the script on pages, even the MS update page. You can Google to find the Microsoft IE6SP1 page, put that into Google, fortunately Google and the IE6 page don't use heavy script so you can get to it. You may need to download the install.exe to your computer to run it.

That should help you a lot.

SPARROW4u

SPARROW4u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thanks all you have helped me out it all works, thanks agin