Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sony Vaio- How to preserve Battery life?

• Please log in to reply

Master_Axe

Master_Axe

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
hi,

So my dad just got a new Sony Vaio (480), and he bought the extra "long life" battery for it, since he's had problems with the last ones he's had in the past. I was just wondering if any of you guys knew what the best way is to use a laptop? Always plugged in, or take the battery out, or whatever?!? Help is aprreciated :tazz:, thanks,

Franz

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
When you use it make sure you run the battery dead before you recharge dont charge it half full. Idealy you want 2 batteries so you can swap and charge. Lower the monitor brightness turn on all the power saving features.

Master_Axe

Master_Axe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
so, even if i'm sitting at home at m desk, i should always run on battery life? thanks,

Franz

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well if you take the battery out then you should, maintaining battery life and convenience of use is a bit of a pain you often have to compromise a bit. Use your judgement at the time if it is almost flat then let it run down then just stick the charger in. The battery life often isnt that great though so if you are sitting at your desk with the monitor at full the battery wont last that long. Again though you have to use your discretion. Most people just dont bother and settle for mediocre battery performance if however you run it off the battery alot then you might want to be a bit more fussy and always let it fully discharge