Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't get rid of Win Fixer 2005

• Please log in to reply

karrie429

karrie429

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Attached File  hijackthis_logfile.txt   9.86KB   80 downloadsFirst of all, I'm no computer genius. I know simple basics, that's all. Please explain in terms a child could understand. lol.

A while ago a pop up for Win Fixer 2005 popped up while my husband was on the computer. He never fully reads what they are and just click on them to get rid of them. Ever since, this thing keeps coming up everyday. It keeps saying it is installing, but never actually gets anywhere. It's always on 0%. I can't find it in my control panel to remove it. I did a search of my computer for any file matching "winfixer 2005" and deleted all that came up, but it is still there.

I keep seeing people on here with hijack logs and don't know what that is or how I would give you mine. If you could please explain to me how to get rid of this winfixer it would be greatly appreciated. I think it's making my computer run slower.

Thanks.

Also, I don't know how you respond to these topics, but if you could email it to me that would be great.

Edited by karrie429, 02 August 2005 - 05:41 AM.

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
If all went well you will be notified by mail that your question was answered.

Please read:
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Post the resulting HijackThis log by using the Add Reply button, so it's get added to this thread (and I will get mail saying you posted)

Regards,