Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

rpg game using c++

• Please log in to reply

akashlee

akashlee

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
i noticed that in the tutorials, it deals with a lot of algebra. But how in the world will that help me make my game so that the moving part is using the keys and etc. Ps: I want to make a pokemon type of game, or if possible gta rpg, lol. :tazz:
So ;)

Advertisements

inoxx.net

inoxx.net

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
if you are new to programming, do not start by making a game. Start by making small programs, then larger programs, then eventually (about 6 months), attempt to make a game.

akashlee

akashlee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
what type of small program could you do with c++?

inoxx.net

inoxx.net

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
anything you can think of.

akashlee

akashlee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
but that is the problem...
i can't think of anything, that is not related to gaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NullWolf

NullWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Start simple, programs that act as calculators, general everyday stuff. Google some simple programs and look through them, figure out how they work and then make a better version of it. Or think of how you could incorporate them into a game etc.
Besides, Algebra's great... mae a program to solve quadratic equations, then give it to a bunch of school kids to "help" them with their homework. :tazz:

chickenman

chickenman

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
And what do you do after that ?

lilhawk2892

lilhawk2892

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
well im quessing after a couple programs testing out different things from wut youve done and try to make a game if u cant start making harder programs like um a simple art program eventually yull get good enuph to start making games but it takes alot of work just to make a ball roll