Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Antirus 2005 Not enable to host

• Please log in to reply

csplrj

csplrj

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Software
Tomcat 5.5.2
Windows XP
Norton Antivirus 2005

Problem
I have my hosting done through www.cjb.net Dynamic IP.This hosting is done temperarily.It was going on smoothly till I installed Norton Antivirus 2005. After installing that my client is not able to see the site neither he can recieves a postive response when he tries to ping the site.

I have tried by disabling Noron Antivirus AutoProtect and also put off Internet Worm Protection for 15 minutes but then also my client is not able to communicate.Please help me regarding this as I am suffering this for 2 days

Thanks in advance

CSJakharia

Advertisements

NullWolf

NullWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I don't know if they ever fixed it or not, but Norton used to have a bad habit of changing IP addresses in a variety of softwares. May check any of those settings.

I'm sure someone more up to date with Norton's issues will make an answer known shortly.

csplrj

csplrj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
No My IP address is same as before

there is no change in IP Address

Bye for now

CSJakharia