Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best AC setup

• Please log in to reply

photosbyjohn

photosbyjohn

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am about to re-model part of my house and have an opportunity to make sure the AC wiring in my office is optimal for PC use. I do not know what the best setup would be.
Should I have my office on a separate circuit?
Should the PC be on a separate circuit?
What should the specs be on the circuit breaker?
Is a lower AMP breaker better because it would trip sooner and offer my PC more protection?
What AMP rating should I use?
Should the AC outlet itself be a ground fault interrupt?
Should the circuit for the PC have a separate grounding rod outside of the house?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i would suggest that if you have unlimited configuration ability...that it couldn't hurt for the whole office to be on a different circuit...that way if you have to turn off breakers in the house to find another breaker..that you don't have to worry about your office being turned off....if you have the option i would suggest getting a line conditioner put in on the wiring for the office....the gfi's in the office would protect the equipment in there if you were planning on flooding the room....but wouldn't really help against any kind of over voltage or anything...i wouldn't suggest going with a lower voltage system in there because if you end up with alot of equipment in there running at once you might trip the breaker more often than neccessary.

photosbyjohn

photosbyjohn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
What is a line conditioner? What price range do they run?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
a line conditioner evens out the voltage coming from the street....i'm not sure about the price...your electrician should be able to find that kind of stuff out for you..

photosbyjohn

photosbyjohn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am my electrician! Scary but true.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP