Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

set up lap top for net

• Please log in to reply

jgldcl

jgldcl

• Pip
  • 7 posts
hi

when i am on vacation i have to use my laptop to do some of my work for our business and send it back to my desk top at home
we go camping and there are no phone lines

i use quick books and works and i have windows xp

now i am using my verizion cell phone samsung 610 and the log me in softwear but it is to slow

i have seen where you can buy card's instead of using your phone
are the cards faster and do they have a monthly fee
do you have to buy certain ones

i only need this for around 10 times a year so i hate to have to pay a monthly plan to get a card
that is why i am using the log me in soft wear but i am trying to find soft wear you buy ( thinking it would help with the speed

a friend told me to get a new phone with a faster modem

which is faster the phones or the cards

please help leaving on a trip soon
thank you

Advertisements

Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
if cellular is available it is probably analog (slow)... alternately, satellite may also be an alternative. If you are transferring data (QBooks) & not surfing, cellular is likely your most economical solution.

P2E

hi 

when i am on vacation i have to use my laptop to do some of my work for our business and send it back to my desk top at home
we go camping and there are no phone lines

i use quick books and works  and i have windows xp

now i am using my  verizion cell phone  samsung 610 and the log me in softwear but it is to slow

i have seen  where you can buy card's instead of using your phone
are the cards  faster and do they have a monthly fee
do you have to buy certain ones

i only need this for around 10 times a year so i hate to have to pay a monthly plan  to get a card
that is why i am using the log me in soft wear but i am trying to find soft wear you buy ( thinking it would help  with the speed 

a friend told me to get a new phone with a faster modem

which is faster the phones or the cards

please help leaving on a trip soon
thank you

View Post