Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Taking apart dell dimension 600

• Please log in to reply

jmacmill

jmacmill

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I just got a laptop so i'm taking apart my dell dimension 4600 to sell the components. Everything was smooth sailing (i've taken apart plenty of computers before) until i got to the motherboard. I've unscrewed all of the screws...but it appears that the heat sink is bolted down or something. anyone seen this bfore, and can anyone help? thanks -jeff

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well dell like to solder and screw parts into there boards so people cant upgrade themselves.

jmacmill

jmacmill

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
warriorscot,
i've been able to get everything in the case out except for the motherboard. it looks like there are some bolts on the back plan that are pretty tough to access. i'll keep trying i guess, let me know if you have more suggestions.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You could always flog the mobo in the case.

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
I got a 4600 too. Could you let me know how much you get for the parts in total?

Please and thanks,
Jared

skyseast

skyseast

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: Ok, can you tell me how to get my hard drive out of my Dell Deminsion 4600? I wanted to change to a larger drive.

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
This site should so it for you:

http://support.dell....=en&cs=19&s=dhs

Peace,
Jared