Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Starting over w/me

• Please log in to reply

ldemat

ldemat

• Pip
  • 2 posts
my desktop has windows me installed. The computer has numerous problems from freezing to not shutting off. I do not need any of the files on the computer. I would like to delete all and use recovery disks to start anew. Not real computer saavy so I need guidance as to how to do this.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
if you have actual recovery disks all you should have to do is put the first disk in and restart your computer and follow the instructions.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
make sure that you set your bios to boot from cd

BugahaJim

BugahaJim

• Pip
  • 3 posts
If you do a recovery in Windows Me would you lose any data. Having about the same problem on a friends computer but they have a lot of information they want saved.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
if it is a recovery disk from the computer manufactureer then probably..... doesn't matter what os either.... if they have an os disk then you CAN do an in place reinstall but with ME it's debateable if that will do any good.