Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PORT SCAN ATTACK?

• Please log in to reply

polling

polling

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
HI GUYS I'M NOT SURE IF I'M POSTING THIS IN THE RIGHT PLACE BUT I HAVE SYEGATE AS MY FIREWALL I RECIEVED A MESSAGE FROM SYEGATE THAT A PORT SCAN ATTACK HAD BEEN LOGGED ON. DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHAT THIS MEAN? DO I NEED EXTRA PROTECTION AND IF SO WHAT DO I DO TO GET RID OF THIS PORT SCAN ATTACK ? THANX IN ADVANCE I'M A NEWBIE TO COMPUTERS BUT EVERYTIME I 'VE RUN INTO A PROBLEM THIS FORUM ALWAYS HELP ME OUT OF MY JAMS THANX :tazz: ;) :)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
first off..don't type ini all caps..it's concidered yelling...also check the help files of your firewall and see if it has any clues....a port scan attack basically means someone scanned your system for open ports....if the actual wording was that a port scan was able to log on to your machine then that means someone got into your system through an open port...if the message was that a port scan attack was logged...then it just means someone tried a port scan

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
thanx for responding. this is the message i got it my logs : Somebody is scanning your computer.
Your computer's UDP ports:
1028, 1030, 1031, and 2 have been scanned from 61.152.158.125..

sorry about the caps i didn't know that's what it meant i use it so i can see if i made any grammatical mistakes could you help me stop this scan attack

and btw i just recieved another message from my firewall and it says that the port scan attack is logged

Edited by polling, 03 August 2005 - 09:21 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 <-- go there and scan your pc for open ports.....if the ports that your sygate is saying are being scanned are open...have it close them

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
thanx i did all the scans and the site stated that everything was fine. so what i guess is happening is that someone is trying to log on but isn't getting the access. when the site started to run the scan i got a message from my firewall that a port scan attack was logged thanx dsenette you rock :tazz: ;) :)

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi polling

This is the site that is scanning your system:

Shanghai Global Network Co., Ltd.China

Sygate personal firewall-->
Click on tools-->Advanced rules-->Add--> now copy the following into the box: Shanghai Global Network Co., Ltd.China-->
now click on hosts in the PI address copy the following into the box: 61.0.0.0-61.255.255.255-->
Now click on ports and protocols--> and select All--> click on OK

Now click on tools again and select options.

Have attached a file for you to see how to set this up:

Kc :tazz:

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
thanx thatman i followed all the steps you stated but i'm not sure what i did exactly thanx for responding to my post

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi polling

You have just blocked there full network I get scanned by them
. why do I need to use there network can't read chinaman words.

Shanghai Global Network Co., Ltd.China--> blocked in total

Kc :tazz:

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
very funny hahahahahahaha i can't read that s**t neither thanx thatman you rock :tazz: :) ;)