Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no sound

• Please log in to reply

convictedferret

convictedferret

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
i wasnt exactly sure were to put htis problem as i do not know the cause of it, when i try to play games with my sound card on my computer freezes, turns itself off, or comes up with an error message, different games do differnet things the only game that i found that works with sound is cs or css, when i play halo an erro that says gathering exception data comes up it never accually gathers the exception data, i have a soundblaster live 24 bit sound card.... the other odd thing about this is that if i join useing programs like xfire or all seeing eye i can play with sound, until this gets fixed im stuckdisabling my sound card ;)

please help :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you updated your drivers for the sound card?

have you tried to disable eax support in those games?