Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor

• Please log in to reply

desca

desca

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
My monitor flickers a bit.

how do i stop this from happening? :tazz:

Advertisements

tenbroya

tenbroya

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Maybe the refresh rate is too low.

Right click on the desktop and click advanced to open the Display Properties dialog.

Go to the Settings tab and click advanced.

A new dialog should appear with a title something like [Your monitor name] settings. Well navigate to the monitor tab and change the refresh rate.

BE WARNED: You probably want to hide rates that your monitor cannot display. And even so don't just go for the highest you see.

I would reccomend 70 Hertz as most monitors are compatible with this setting and there is little or no noticeable flickering.

If this doesn't fix it then post back again and I (or anyone else) will see what they can do.

Tenbroya

desca

desca

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I tryed what you said it helped but didnt completely take it away.

Is there any other ways????

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What is the type of monitor , and what make is it, did you load the drivers that came with it.

desca

desca

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
It's an LCD. i'll get you the make soon!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Right it should be set if its a newer one at 1280x1024 resolution with a refresh rate of 70Hz, now when you go onto display in the bit where you change the res and such the name of the monitor should appear with the gfx card name like (monitor name) on (gfx card), if it says defualt monitor you havent loaded the drivers for your monitor which should have came with the monitor if not its a manufacturers website job to get them. If its got the drivers on check the gfxcard try another monitor and get the latest drivers for the card.

desca

desca

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Its at 1024X768 i dont think my 2 year old dell laptop gfx card can put out 1280X1024. I dont think the moniter can go up that high..

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah the card will output that or the nearest thing to that res anyway. How old is the monitor and have there been any changes to the system lately.

desca

desca

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I got it at crhiistmas last year its a komono or somthing like that??