Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Epson Photo RX500

• Please log in to reply

Lord_Awesome

Lord_Awesome

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have an Epson Photo rx500, i have used it so i know it works, but it won't work any more, I click print and select it and it sits with the Printing: Document, thing open but it doesn't print. Then an error pops up and says "Error, printer not responding, check to be sure all connections are secure". I checked the cord, it is fine, i have tried multiple USB slots, and nothing works. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?!?!?!

Advertisements

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
All printers often have these problems. The best thing to do here is to turn off the printer, cancel all jobs in queue, and restart your computer. That should most likely do it. Printers have a way with bad connections until reboot.

Jared

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic: Epson RX500 Printer Error
Date: 6th AUG- 2005

Here are some quick check items to try

Go to [PRINTERS} Folder . . . .

[START] > [SETTINGS] > [PRINTERS]. . . .

(1) - See if RX500 is checked as default
(2) – Make sure it is not “Grayed” in. . . . Right Click & see pull down menu
Make sure Default is [CHECKED] & that [USE OFFLINE] IS NOT CHECKED
Left Click [SYSTEM INFORMATION]
Press [PRINTERS] Tab and check to see what port and other information

Recheck USB Connection at PRINTER . . . .That pulls out easily when printer is moved!!!

Next check to see if you can print a test page.

Next Check INK STATUS & check all lids are closed
Check for PAPER & PAPER Alignment and/or JAM

One of these should be a clue to a fix –

POST back results for more ideas
Jack123

Lord_Awesome

Lord_Awesome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I up the window, and my printer is "Grayed" in. I right click and select "Use Printer Online" and it cdomes up with an error message "Cannot Complete Operation" Is there another way to get it ungrayed, should i delete it and reinstall the driver? Any other ideas?

Lord_Awesome

Lord_Awesome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Um, i just noticed that there are no ports on the list, what type should i add?

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
If it is connected to USB; then scroll down & check [USB - Virtual Port for EPSON RX500] Block. If connected to LPT1 Port; select [LPT1] Block.

Is it checked as [DEFAULT] Printer? if not Right Click & check [SET AS DEFAULT]

Also RECHECK USB Connector at Printer - It may be Series B USB Plug - which is a little longer & may not be Connected/Inserted all the way!!

You may have to Turn printer [OFF] & then back [ON] - To let PLUG & PLAY find it again. Or you may have to Restart PC.

1 Question - You said that you have used this printer before??-
Question is - WITH THIS PC or DID YOU JUST INSTALLED it ON THIS PC????

If you just installed it - then we have to check on DRIVER INSTALLATION. . . Which is in a completely different direction. . .

Jack123

Lord_Awesome

Lord_Awesome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I found the problem, i accidently turned plug and play off. My printer works now. Thanx for all your help.