Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COMPUTER IS ACTING RETARDED!

• Please log in to reply

frigginsweet

frigginsweet

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok......
The other day i was in my program files and deleting some old non used programs.....ok so i deleted them.After that i was trying to fix a spyware problem.Well i turned off the comp for a while giving up on the spyware problem.
Later on i came back and turned it on.THIS is when the problems started.First thing that pops up now everytime i turn it on is this....ERROR:Windows/nail.exe or whatever NOT FOUND.now when i try to run or get on any program like the net or bearshare or W/E....it bring up a box saying what do you want to use to run this program....so i pick the one i want than it doesnt come up and is says ERROR:WINDOWS/system 32 or w/e could not be found.ANY program i try to start comes up with an error and sais bladdy bladdy bla not found.WHen i go in control panel.......if i click like system restore or anything at all like change backround it brings up an error w/e not found.Im on my parents comp right now typing this...PLEASE help....if i dont fix this soon my parents said there gonna take it out of my room and give to my gay [bleep] sister.AHHH!!!! so PLEASE help me. :tazz:

Edited by frigginsweet, 02 August 2005 - 07:00 PM.

Advertisements

twisted bob

twisted bob

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Uh Oh! Looks like you deleted some Major, Major files. There is no other way to fix this problem other than re-installing Windows XP. It will delete ALL your files and programs, but it is the only option you have if you want to use your computer.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi frigginsweet...Welcome to G2G!

The other day i was in my program files and deleting some old non used programs.....ok so i deleted them

Did you simply delete these programs, or did you remove them through "Add/Remove Programs" in Control Panel?

If you deleted them, can you open the Recycle Bin? If you can, find the programs you deleted, select them, right click and choose "Restore". Reboot your computer and see if things are better. Please post back with your results.

wannabe1

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Boy, you got bit BIG time.. Guess that's what happens when you pirate software with bearshare !!

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Murray

Ebene

Ebene

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I had an old teacher who always said "99.9% of the problems isn't caused by the machine, but by the user."