Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox 1.06

• Please log in to reply

babar

babar

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I just upgraded to firefox 1.06 and now I can't connect to the web.

If I use IE I can still get on but I hve removed firefox, downloaded it new again, installed it and still nothing, I cleaned my registry and still nothing. Anyone else having similar problems.

IE is killing me.

thanks for the help

Babar

Advertisements

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
I had a simillar problem. After a few hours of research and removing and reinstalling, I went and removed all installed extensions and themes from my profile.

To do this you need to "see" hidden files, to see hidden files double click on my computer, select TOOLS, FOLDER OPTIONS, select the VIEW tab, scroll down, put a tick mark on "Show hidden files and folders", click apply, click OK.

Next to get to your mozilla profile goto MY COMPUTER, double-click your hard disk (usually C), double click Documents and Settings, Select your user name, double click Application Data, Find Mozilla folder double click it, double click Firefox, double click Profiles, double click on your profile(usually theres just one folder here unless you have multiple profiles using firefox), Drag the extensions folder to your desktop or somewhere else safe. Click the back button until you are back to the Mozilla folder, Right click and delete it.

Next remove firefox completly from your machine, Use Add/Remove programs, and also goto Program files and delete the firefox or mozilla folder.

Reboot your machine, use Opera(I always reccommended having a second browser aside from firefox to avoid using IE if at all possible.) (or IE if you have to) to go and redownload Firefox. It should work this time, If it does you can go back through the above steps and One by One reinstall your extensons.

babar

babar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
well i tried what you said and it didn't work for me.

I tried a couple times and still nothing.

My system as a whole has been acting up and has been brutally slow for a while nw despite my best efforts to correct it. So, I am going to post a HJT log in the malware section. Thanks for the help.

Babar.