Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PS2.exe

• Please log in to reply

xp_erience

xp_erience

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I recently deleted a program file called PS2.exe that was in my add/remove programs list.

My computer has not been affected as far as i can tell. I didnt like that i didn't know what it was and have never seen it before.

Anyone know what it was..? :tazz:

X

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi xp_erience...Welcome to G2G!

ps2.exe (PS 2) - Details: The program ps2.exe is used to allow multimedia keys on Hewlett Packard keyboards to function correctly. If you stop this process all of the 'normal' keys on the keyboard should still function, but the multimedia keys will not. Only stop this process if it is causing instability to your system.

Whoops! You may have wanted to keep this one. I found the above information here: http://www.auditmypc...process/ps2.asp

wannabe1

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
PS/2 is the kind of connection your keyboard is ususally. Yeah, you should of kept this one.

xp_erience

xp_erience

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Crud, you spell it out as P/S 2, and i feel silly not realizing that.. :tazz:

At the time i was having problems with my computer, so better safe then sorry, as i had never seen the thing before.

Anyway, so far i haven't noticed a single problem, and i dont have a multimedia keyboard to begin with, so, haha, oh well.

Thanks guys. Thanks Wannabe. Will keep it on, next reformat. =P

X