Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Boot (post boots fine)

• Please log in to reply

Stasiek

Stasiek

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
need assistance,

i have a HP Pavilion 754n computer it had MS-6577 type motherboard manufactured by MSI. I have bought a MSI 661FM2-LSR motherboard to upgrade from my old one.

when i boot the pc this is what happens. post start up and runs thru then the window load screen shows up for a split second and then i get a dos message stating that there has been a hardware/software change and it gives me 4 options to choose from...
1-start in safe mode
2-start with network support
3-start with command promp
4-start from last know good configuration

....i have chosen all 4 of these options but the only thing that happens afterwards is this, window driver files are shown being loaded and then the system does a soft boot. cycle repeats all over again.

(everything was running fine before upgrading to the new motherboard so at least i know the problem is related to it)

thanks
stasiek

Advertisements

Stasiek

Stasiek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
it's nice to see that people are looking at this post ;)

don't worry i figured out the problem and it is windows xp, i guess swapping out the entire motherboard really messed xp up but now i have another problem...you can read about it in the windows xp software section :tazz: