Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD crashes

• Please log in to reply

miln

miln

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
If I set the bios options for CPU speed to auto (11x), it boots ok, but when XP loads, the BSOD appears, and it reboots. BSOD flashes on screen, so no time to search for any clues as to problem. Taking the speed down to 10.5 makes it stable again. Even a new install of XP (with SP2) fails to cure problem.

I have applied latest drivers for sound/graphics/lan. Memory test seems ok.
PSU is 350w.

Is there any way, when the BSOD appears to freeze the screen to allow me to look for the problem, before the re-boot takes place?

Thanks,
Miln. :tazz:

Edited by miln, 03 August 2005 - 03:49 AM.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Can u give the exact BSoD Error Code?

miln

miln

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
Thanks for the responce. unfortunately the BOSD flashes on the screen, so I don't get the chance to view things. No core dump is done ether, just a re-boot.
Is there any way top freeze the screen (I did try hitting the break key, but I guess i was just not fast enough!!)