Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Radeon 9800 pro AGP Problems

• Please log in to reply

johntrumble

johntrumble

• Pip
  • 6 posts
my specs

MSI MS6728-110 Socket 478 Intel 865PE ATX Intel Motherboard
80 gb harddrive
ATI 100-435105 Radeon 9800PRO 256MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card -
crucial 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model CT6464Z40B.8T - OEM
intel Pentium 4 3.0E Prescott 800MHz FSB Socket 478 Processor Model BX80546PG3000E

I just finished building the above computer. (first time).
I updated all the windows updates up to present.(past service pack 2)
I then went to the Radeon web site and downloaded the driver that was needed for my AGP card. It also stated "You must have Microsoft .NET Framework installed prior to downloading and installing the CATALYST Control Center"
which I installed.

After installing,... the computer restarted and after the Windows xp loading page appears the screen goes blank, and stays that way indefently. The computer is still running but no immage.

I first had issues with the driver that came in the box, making the picture on the monitor all pixalted so I wiped my hard drive, and started over.
And thats why I downloaded from their site
here is the link... https://support.ati....dge&folderID=27
whats wrong?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
well first i would try starting up in safe mode and uninstalling that driver....not familiar with your board but does it have an onboard video controller? if so did you disable this before installing the new card?