Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Slow Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply

Gymkata

Gymkata

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, everyone.

My internet connection is incredibly slow and I don't know what is causing this.

Background:

Just about a week ago, my house got hit by lightening which resulted in loss of some of my equipment including my monitor. But my computer, Dell Dimension 4550, seemed ok.

After crossing my fingers and hooked my new monitor to the computer the other day, everything seemed ok, except when I start IE or Firefox....it takes forever to load a page!

The cable guy came over and used his computer and he had no problem loading up internet at all ;) .

Could it be that the lightening have damaged my network adaptor (even though when I check it's status from Device Manager, there is no apprent problem)? Should I get a new network adaptor?

Or is this some kind of malware/spayware related problem that just happened to happen after the lightening struck my house :) ? BTW, it did take forever to clear up all my cookies...don't know if that means anything?

Please, any insight to this will be greatly appreciated :tazz: .

Advertisements