Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLOCK WEBSITES

• Please log in to reply

EDYTA

EDYTA

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I NEED TO BLOCK CERTAIN WEBSITES OR WEBSITES CONTAINING CERTAN INFORMATION OR WORDS. I CALLED MY INTERNET PROVIDER (COMCAST) BUT THEN KNOW LESS THAN I DO. ;) I AM NOT VERY COMPUTER LITERATE SO I BASICLY NEED STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS. I HAVE ONE COMPUTER AT HOME I NEED TO BLOCK THE WEBSITES FOR ALL USERS. I DO NOT WANT TO OPEN SEPARATE ACCOUNT WITH LIMITED ACCESS. EITHER I WILL FIND A WAY TO BLOCK THOSE WEBSITES OR I NEED TO DISCONNECT THE INTERNET. :tazz: I APPRECIATE ANY SUGESSTIONS.

CORRECTION, I HAVE WINDOWS XP.

Edited by EDYTA, 03 August 2005 - 12:33 PM.

Advertisements

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hi and Welcome,

First off, please disable your caps lock as it looks like you are yelling, there is no need for the caps. Thank you.

Well there a many programs out there that will allow you to do that kind of filtering, might want to check out the links below. ;)

Free parental [bleep] filter
iProtectYou
Control Kids, not free, but has a trial
Free internet filter

Hope that helps. :tazz:

B