Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
i have a 2 raid connectors and an ide connector. in the booklet for my p5gdc deluxe (without video), it says they are put as ide as default. well, I have a ide hdd and ide dvd-rom. I want to get an ide dvd burner. i have 4 sata connectors too. I don't know how sata works (like do I need two satas or can I use just one)? but I rather not get a sata hdd. is it possible to connect all three ide devices since the raids are set as ide as default. or do u still need two hdds.

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Raid and IDE doesnt quite work raid is a sata thing for multiple drives. SATA is the replacment to IDE faster better bigger that kind of gig. Can be a pain to set up if you havent done your homework. I dont know what you are meaning by raid there sint such a thing as a raid connetor as far as i know do you mean raid controler( RAID =redundant array of independant disks) its basically a way to set up drives so they are backed up or two make two drives appear as one single drive.