Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

javascript

• Please log in to reply

rabarber

rabarber

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi,
I hope you can help me with the following: my IE 5.5 browser doesn't seem to be able to handle javascript anymore. Clicking on certain links for instance doesn't produce a pop-up window anymore. I noticed also that some web sites that use javascript in their navigation are no longer rendered correctly. I looked into the IE settings but they seem to be allright. My Firefox browser on the same system doesn't have these kind of problems. Anybody who can help me out or has a suggestion?
Thanks.

Advertisements

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Make sure that Java is enabled.

kir10s

kir10s

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Im having the same problem. Did you ever find a fix?

rabarber

rabarber

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi Kir,
I did a manual reinstall of Windows ME (and thus IE 5.5) and that helped. Don't do a complete Windows reinstall -just choose for the option to only replace missing files.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Sometimes I need to press the control key to see pop-up style java windows. (Control bypasses the new pop up blocker built into IE with SP2) Could that be the problem? I keep an eye on the "status bar", bottom left of screen, to flag me when to press Control.
HTH
Johanna