Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Programs Going Slow

• Please log in to reply

Willy Wonka

Willy Wonka

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi everyone, been having a few problems and can't sort them out so thought I'd come to you for help. Earlier today while I was typing out an e-mail, I noticed there was a slight delay on the letters coming up on the screen. I then went onto google, typed something into the search engine, and still there was a delay. The delay is also affecting MSN Messenger. It's not just a typing delay though, when I'm scrolling down webpages there seems to be a delay/it seems to stick, if that makes sense. Same when I try move around a browser or MSN Messenger window. I've scanned for viruses using AVG, done scans for spyware/trojans using Spysweeper, Ad-aware, PestPatrol, Spyware Doctor and Ewido, deleted all temporary internet files (including offline content) and cookies, cleared my history, and I've defragmented twice... yet the problem remains. Anyone got any idea what the problem could be and how I could sort it?

Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Have you tried a different keyboard?

Willy Wonka

Willy Wonka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I did, it hasn't made any difference. :tazz:

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
In IE click Tools > Internet Options > General tab > Acessibility

See if there is a stylesheet selected.
If so uncheck it and post back with the name of the stylesheet.

Regards,

Willy Wonka

Willy Wonka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Just had a look, there's no stylesheet selected.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
It may be advisable to follow this route:
http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

Post the HijackThis log in the Malware Removal forum. You can come back here if it doesn't get solved there.

Regards,

Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Sounds like your system resources are being taxed.... run Task Manager (right-click system clock @ lower right corner - select Task Manager.

At lower part of the window, note the total number of Processes running & CPU usage percentile.

Under Processes tab, sort by highest to lowest CPU percentile to ID the potential process "hog". :tazz:

If you know how to remove startup files, I also recommend running msconfig...

P2E

Hi everyone, been having a few problems and can't sort them out so thought I'd come to you for help. Earlier today while I was typing out an e-mail, I noticed there was a slight delay on the letters coming up on the screen. I then went onto google, typed something into the search engine, and still there was a delay. The delay is also affecting MSN Messenger. It's not just a typing delay though, when I'm scrolling down webpages there seems to be a delay/it seems to stick, if that makes sense. Same when I try move around a browser or MSN Messenger window. I've scanned for viruses using AVG, done scans for spyware/trojans using Spysweeper, Ad-aware, PestPatrol, Spyware Doctor and Ewido, deleted all temporary internet files (including offline content) and cookies, cleared my history, and I've defragmented twice... yet the problem remains. Anyone got any idea what the problem could be and how I could sort it?

Thank you in advance.

View Post