Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Can NOT access Internet?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am new to this board and very desperate to find a fix for my PC. I have DSL/Cable Internet and have been running virus scans and other programs to remove spyware and several virus. One problem is IBIS and TROJAN.DOWNLOAD.KAVSVC. After running the scan several times I can no longer access the internet (Can not display, Bad URL). I do not know much about hard drives and I know very little lingo on the subject so please bare with me. I had my internet provider come out today and look at the modum because I thought it was bad but he says everything looks fine from their end and he told me my IP address was not being recognized by my PC. (What ever that means) I know most fixes you provide are usually downloaded but since I can not access the internet is there another way to remove the Trojan and Ibis?

P.S. I am using a friends PC to access right now.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Edited by mickey2u, 03 August 2005 - 03:41 PM.