Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Increase game performance

• Please log in to reply

mycompsux

mycompsux

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
ATI-

http://webpages.char.../train/ATI.html

nVIDIA-

http://webpages.char...ain/Nvidia.html

This works for all games. Pacific Assault is just the example.

Set your refresh rate to whatever you want.

Please note: Doing this will slightly lower quality of graphics. The difference is marginal. This tweak is especially helpful to people who are getting bad performance from their games.

Edited by mycompsux, 21 August 2005 - 06:21 PM.

Advertisements

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
I have a Gecube Radeon x700PRO 128MB 864MHX! Which one should I get?
Thanks in Advance!

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
I bought a new computer and the guy at the shop said that this was the best card hez got, And said could play alomost or many now-a-days games?It is pretty good I use it on RTW and Halo!
Regards RockyIV

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What a stupid thing to post, alot of that is common sense and really quite stupid, unless you have a really powerful card it should always be set for "Let application decide" you then configure each game individually to as high as you can run it. You are just turning down the gfx settings anyone who doesnt know better but has a decent gfx card like a x800 and 6800 will read that and possibly lower there settings and you have ruined what is a really good game for them. So make sure when you post things like that up its perfectly clear that you only do such things IF you have poor performance.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
its not a bad card rocky. I want an x800 and maybe I can afford it in a few months.

I agree with your post warriorscot, but we get a lot of questions regarding this. however some games like battlefield 2 have thier own subset of tweeks. I find that http://tweakguides.com/ is a really good site for reference.+

just a reminder we don't bump at this site. its considered rude and annoying.

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
i have a Nvidia 6800 Ultra

NadoKing

NadoKing

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Also, when running games the CPU usage will raise , the more programs you have running the more slower, and more lag you can get.
Also, the higher of MB's on graphic cards (this is a on brainer) makes a whole lot of difference when playing high preformance games, such as BF2.
try to settle for a 256MB