Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sever Computer Problems

• Please log in to reply

zzshupinga

zzshupinga

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
In another forum I was working on my mother's computer and finally have that up and now my computer is screwed up. It started when I ran Clean Up and now nothing is working. It starts to load up Windows XP, just find but never gets to the login screen. I can see the mouse and move it around, but nothing else happens. I've tried it in every possible mode that it offers. I've even tried to just restore the entire system with the disc and I don't get anywhere. It won't even load that!!! :tazz: ;) :) :(
I need imediate help, because I'm about to start a master's program. I could always just get a new harddrive, but I have so much information on this one that I need. Can anyone out there help me???? :( :woot: :wub: :hug:
I've tried evrything thing that I can think of and looked at the previous posts and nothing is helping....can anyone tell me what to do short of replacing the drive??

UPDATED: I've gotten it to system recovery and reentered all of the information, but it seems to freeze on that last step. It plays the music and everything, and I can move the mouse around. Is it normal for it take a long time to load up?

Edited by zzshupinga, 03 August 2005 - 06:15 PM.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Somehow ur hard-disk usage is going very high.
Can u post a HJT log.