Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows media player help

• Please log in to reply

wrong_box

wrong_box

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi ok this problem always sounds very easy to fix but I have had techs that design an maintain systems for large companies look st it and have had the gateway techs actually take contol of my pc and after 45 minutes they are stumped as I am. This is the problem.
I had xp home on my pc. It crashed. I put in the system restore disc(1of 3) it got 31% finished and said disc was corrupt so there I am with no os at all. Went and bought xp pro and installed it. Since then my wmp will not play from drive D. It will play from hard drive, off the internet and everything its sposed to do except play off d drive. I have read every help topic i have found on the web had techs look at it 5 times and nobody can find any reason it wont work. I have uninstlled it an reinstalled it 3 times with wmp 10. i have downloaded and installed the newest codecs. I have done the registery edit that one of the search pages says to do. I have enabled it to be default player for all media. I have set the proxy settings for streaming media to auto detect and it stioll will not work. I have downloaded and installed music match jukebox and winamp and they play just like they are sposed to. When i put in a cd and try to play it with wmp it shows the tracks from drive d but only as 44 bytes. As in all cases the techs that have looked at this have said reformat pc. It drives me insane when they cant figure out the prob their answer is reformat. If they cant figure it out they just wanna wipe clean and start over. I really dont care bout wmp cuz I have other media player but it just drives me insane having something that doesnt work and nobody can figure out how to fix it without reformatting.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
You have to reformat... just kidding! :tazz:

When you put the Cd into drive D, and browse the CD, are the size of the individual files the correct sizes? What I mean is, typically, CDA files are in the megabytes, are each file in the megabytes?

Also, if you click on properties, what is the file extension of each file?

makai