Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

page has expired

• Please log in to reply

bobby83

bobby83

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
sorry if this is the wrong place im not sure where it belongs, i need to use the backbutton a lot and this page always comes out and its quite annoying, when i had an windows xp this didnt happen often but im using windows 2000 for now and it always happens. is there a way to stop from getting this page when using backspace?

Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
This normally happens for pages where "you" have filled out information... such as searches, or any page you enter information. This is not a failure for those pages.

Are you getting this message on "every" page when you hit the backspace button?

makai

bobby83

bobby83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
if the page i am backspacing too has changed at all i get that error(and with what i do it always has changed so its quite a nuisance) on my windows xp compuer this never happened and i would be sent back to the old unupdated page which is what i need. i do not know what i did to make it work on xp or if it just doesnt happen on xp but is there anywhere to just allow the old page to show up when you backspace?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
The only setting I know of in IE (I assume you're using this) is in Tools/Internet Options/General/Settings... check "Never" for Check for newer versions of stored pages.

You might try that, but with every return visit (backspaced visit), you will have to refresh the page to see what has changed.

makai