Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound

• Please log in to reply

MavenPrime

MavenPrime

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey, I just finished puting my new comp together and everything works except the sound. I have been try to figure it out but have had no luck.

I have a chaintech AV710 sound card, chaintech VNF4 ultra mobo and logitech X530 speakers.

I installed the original drivers that came with the card and XP doesn't detect them or somthing. In the device manager there is an explanation mark by the "multimedia audio controller". There were a few others eariler... Something I did must have change something. It might have been the updated drivers I tried installed. But I still hear no sound from my speakers. Also when I go to add new hardware and specifi a location for where the driver should be found XP comes back with nothing.

Hope someone can help. It's to quite in here.

Advertisements

scottb

scottb

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Hi
this mobo also has on board sound, use the cd that came with the mobo to install the drivers if you have done this to no avail check manufacturers website for update drivers

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Disable the onboard sound in device manager.

MavenPrime

MavenPrime

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok but I dont know where it is in the device manager. Here is a screenshot of my device manager.

http://img19.imagesh.../9861/dm4vz.jpg

Also updating my drivers hasnt worked.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well you dont seem to have any sound device, did you install the drivers for your onboard sound or did you just try to install the sound card straight away. You might try installing the onboard sound drivers. Also remove the sound card boot the computer shut it down again then reinstall the card then install the drivers from the cd.

MavenPrime

MavenPrime

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok I got sound now. Thanx! But for some reason the "multimedia audio controller" is still has an explantion mark by it. What is that?