Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless internet problems

• Please log in to reply

goofytoad

goofytoad

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a D-Link Wireless Router DI-624 and a D-Link PCI Adapter (they are compatible) and they were running perfectly a couple of days ago. I had to disconnect the router and unplug everything and I just tried reconnecting it but no matter how I connect the ethernet wires, I only get network connection and no internet. I had two computers networked before. One was somehow connected to the router and the other is wireless. I found a diagram on how to set it up and I tried that method and virtually every possible connection with my two ethernet wires. I seem to only be able to connect to the internet on the computer directly connected to the modem and I would really appreciate some help. On the wireless, I have a Realtek Family Fast Ethernet card and it says "Local Area Connection unplugged" and I don't remember if it was connected to something before.

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
can you ping a public IP like 4.2.2.1? if yes, can you ping yahoo.com?

this step by step troubleshooting may help,

how to troubleshoot internet access issuesHow to Setup Network, Internet Sharing, Remote Access and VPN Step by Step Guide ... New: Troubleshooting Windows Server 2003 SP1 Issues, Cisco How to ...
http://www.howtonetw...rnetaccess0.htm