Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

**PLEASE HELP** Windows ICS Xbox through my laptop

• Please log in to reply

koolguy

koolguy

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have tried to connect to Xbox Live through my Laptop's wireless integrated NIC. I've looked at similar topics around the forum. Still having trouble though... My laptop has an integrated Broadcom 802.11b Wireless card and an ethernet card. I connected my Xbox to my laptop's ethernet port with a crossover cable. I've tried enabling Windows ICS... no luck. Network Bridging... no luck. There's just so many IP's to keep striaght! All these numbers... subnet masks, ip's, etc. I got lost in all of the confusion. If someone could help me out, please reply. I have a Netgear router, too. :tazz: :) ;)

Edited by koolguy, 03 August 2005 - 10:30 PM.

Advertisements

koolguy

koolguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello???

Chumara

Chumara

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Lol I did the same thing once.. actually.. to play on xbc.. but I figure it works the same way.. hard to remember but I think make sure the ethernet port is set to automatically detect ip settings and such and if your router supports DHCP then do the same for your wireless also.. make ure you enabled ICS on the ethernet connection not on the wireless connection. I sure hope i'm remebering it right I know what you're trying to do works because I did it with an xbox and another computer that was too far away from the router ad its worked in both instances so keep trying try what I said but its been awhile so what i said might not have been 100% accurate

koolguy

koolguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks, I'll try that.

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Why don't you just get a wireless reciever for the xbox if you have a wireless router?