Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless connection gone awry

• Please log in to reply

skichick1111

skichick1111

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So here's the issue. I purchased a Netgear WG602 v.2 Wireless Access Point and have been successfully connecting my laptop for the past few weeks (running XP Pro) just fine. My roommate showed up about a week ago with her computer and was not able to connect to the internet. The wireless network was shown, the signal was "EXCELLENT", and packets were sent, but none were received.

Today, I left for work, my laptop was turned off, and after a little more maneuvering, my roommate was able to finally get on the internet. When I came home and turned on my laptop I started to have the same issues as she was. The wireless had been found, the signal was "EXCELLENT" but no connection to the internet.

I tried to cycle both the Wireless Access Point and my DSL router while leaving all my computers off and then turned them all on again and, once again, only my roommate's laptop was able to access the internet.

When I try and do a Repair on my laptop, my desktop (which I have not even tried to work on because of the situation), or when my roommate's laptop was not working correctly it came up saying that it could not get a new IP address.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be the issue/how to fix it? :tazz:

Advertisements