Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fan question

• Please log in to reply

grism

grism

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi this is the first time i have used this message board hopefully this is a legit question and not just a laugher... I have a hp pavilion laptop and i recently had the bottom off for cleaning. i noticed that the processor fan turns very stiff... is this normal? I have also noticed that since i stopped gaming on this computer the processor fan has never ran (this computer has two fans the other one almost always runs). I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or if my fan has a problem. I did a diagnostic and it all checked out.
My question is, does a processor fan just turn more difficult. and could i just not be pushing my computer hard enough for there to be a need for it. It is on for hours at a time but mostly for downloads and web surf. any info would be helpful.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Get Everest

http://www.lavalys.c...p?pid=1&lang=en

Click + next to computer then sensor

Run the PC with minimal activity and see what sensor says

Run the PC with everything going and check sensor

Most PC's will shutdown / reboot if they have temperature issues.

Edited by Keith, 04 August 2005 - 01:03 AM.