Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't download

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
When I try to download something I get a page that says that this item has been blocked. Dose any one know what is blocking it as why?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
This could be caused by several things... Internet options for one, firewall software.

Are you using IE? Go to Tools/Internet options/Security/Custom Level... make sure File download is "enabled".

Also check your firewall settings... I can't tell you where to go since I don't know what program you use.

makai

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Thanks for the responce I tryed with both FireFox and IE nither will download. Allready checked the forst segestion it still dose not work. I have ZoneAlarm security suite, So what would I have to do to it if it is the cause.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Are you having problems with "all" downloads, or only at some sites? Do you have any links I can try?

I'm not at home right now, but I do run ZA. I can't remember what you need to do, but I'll check later today.

makai

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
The best list that I can think of is everything, have been on www.download.com (try any thing there) and every time I try to download anything it won't download, I get the message saying this item has been blocked. Tryed things from www.microsoft.com (the first one that I tryed was Microsoft anti spyware), did not work there as well. Tried it from site that has something I want, samething. Don't be in a hurry to answer I am going to turn off my computer for to night.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Well, actually, since you say you can't download with either FF or IE, then it must be either Firewall or proxy. I'll look at ZA when I get home, but in the meantime check your proxy settings.

makai

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I can download if I disbale the firewall. I don't like doing this if I can help it. I have been looking at the settings to try to find out what is is I have had not luck yet.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Well, this is actually good news. At least you know what's causing it.

You may want to remove and reinstall za. I cannot find any settings that specifically pertain to downloads.

makai

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I should have done that form the begining but I hate not knowing what went worng. It works now. :tazz:

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Well, glad to hear it's working. ZA will crash sometimes, but it's still the best software firewall IMHO.

take care
makai