Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Problems!

• Please log in to reply

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Hey Guys, :tazz:
I'm stuck with this problem, I can access some sites like Goolge, MSN, Yahoo, GeeksToGo! But sometimes the pages dont load at all! It just shows the loading bar few mins then it says page unavailble! I usually re-fresh the page and it works sometimes it doesn't! And it get's worse!!!Sometimes when I refresh, it says page unavailble so I close the IE Window and re-open it sometimes it works and other times you cant use it at all so then I have to restart my computer ot wait like ten mins!!!!!Because the page takes so long to load I usually end up automatically signing out of GTG Forums!(thatz getting really annoying)I mean come on, this is a brand new computer!!!!Could be my modem?
Please Help!!!
Regards RockyIV

Edited by RockyIV, 04 August 2005 - 04:30 AM.

Advertisements

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
First, can you clear out your temp files completely. Download & install CleanUp.
Run it, reboot when prompted. See if it helps anything. If it doesn't, try better browser than IE. Get Firefox here and try if those sites work there;
http://www.mozilla.org/

Can you also check that you are allowing cookies for GTG.

Is the problem with all the sites you visit or only with few of them?
Have you checked your PC for malware..

- Rawe :tazz:

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Thanks Rawe,
This affects all three of computers and I will install FireFox!Would that change any of my computer settings?I have no malware what-so-ever!And I have Tried CleanUp! on one of the computers I'll see it on the others!!
Regards RockyIV

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Firefox is not a "better" browser, and will not solve what seems to be an internet connection problem, since it affects 3 computers. You will need to describe your network, and how you connect to the internet- cable, dsl, dial-up, if you have a router etc.

Johanna

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Well, I use a adsl line, and I got a wireless router few days ago, for my sister's computer and and my dad's computer? Could that be the problem and what'z the difference between IE and FireFox?
PS:When I try to read any attachments through hotmail, It will send me to the log-in page, and if I log-in it sends me to My Inbox!!!!
Regards RockyIV

Edited by RockyIV, 06 August 2005 - 01:45 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Firefox does everything IE does internet wise except better. Easiest way to find out why we all think its so good is to give it a try.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Dear WarriorScot I have tried FireFox and it is quite good but I still have the internet connection problem! But it seems to be getting better, So I will come back to you in few days!
RockyIV