Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VIRUS PROBLEMS

• Please log in to reply

CHANTEL0408

CHANTEL0408

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OUR HOME INTERNET PROVIDER (IM ON WORK COMPUTER AT MOMENT) HAS DICONNECTED US BECAUSE WE ARE RELAYING UNSOLICITED EMAILS ACROSS THE INTERNET - THE LETTER SAYS WE HAVE EITHER : OPEN PROXY SERVER OR MASS MAILING WORM VIRUS - PLEASE HELP - HOW CAN I IDENTIFY PROBLEM AND SOLVE IT - WE HAVE NO SPYWARE OR ANTIVIRUS DOWNLOADED AS WE'VE HAD TO RELOAD COMPUTER RECENTLY DUE TO START UP PROBLEMS AND AS IVE NO INTERNET CONNECTION AT HOME I CAN'T DOWNLOAD AYTHING NOW. :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Contact the ISP to say you have set your e-mail programmes to not run, and that you need them to re-connect so that you can download programmes to correct the PC.

If you have an address book look for entries which should not be there.

When they reconnect you, please go here

http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log to the malware forum

CHANTEL0408

CHANTEL0408

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'LL TRY THAT THANKS - COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO SET THE EMAILS NOT RUN.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have Outlook then click tools, options, mail set up then send recieive to remove tick from schedule automatic send receive.

For Outlook Express, click tools, options, send

If you use another then click tools, options and look for send options