Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My HijackThis log(Mark)

• Please log in to reply

Scouser55

Scouser55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I navigated to C:\doc and settings\Mark\local.application data\Microsaoft\outlook

there was no sub folder called outlook.pst as suggested by the virus scan.

I searched the C drive for *.pst files and surprisingly it found none when of course they must exist.

Advertisements

bricat

bricat

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 645 posts
it looks like it is an orphaned registry entry.

download and run REGSUPREME 1.3

it will make a back up of everything it removes.

Scouser55

Scouser55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Blimey - this has found 230 'useless' file entries. The free registry checker I use never picks these up. Should I delete them all? I cannot see a reference to outlook though.
Interestingly enough - earlier on I scanned each sub folder starting from the bottom with my virus scanner. Even though when I scanned the whole C drive - it found this 'trojan' - when I did it folder by folder from the bottom up - each folder was clean! A bit of a mystery to me. As my vrus scan takes a long time to run - I will run a full HD scan again later tonight and see if it once again identifies a problem.
Mark

bricat

bricat

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 645 posts
it's safe to remove everything that regsupreme finds. it makes a back up, just in case. :tazz: