Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

78 hrs trying to fix problem pls help

• Please log in to reply

penpusher

penpusher

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi i did a clean up (big mistake) when i start up i now get this message.............................rfagent.exe-unable to locate component.............this application has failed to start bcause hhctr.ocx was not found re installing the application may fx this problem......... i have spent so much time and money bought 3 programs that are ment to fix problems but dont work as you can guess i am a compleat novice so can any one pls pls pls help me if you can help can you please explain what i need to do im laymans terms ....thank you :tazz: ;)

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Ok... so what's the problem?

Are you trying to have rfagent.exe start up correctly?

According to Google, rfagent.exe belongs to a utility called Registry First Aid. It appears this is not a program you would want in your startup group, but rather only have it start when you need to clean your registry.

Once you get past the error, does windows operate ok?

If you launch Registry First Aid, does it work? Do you even have Registry First Aid installed? :tazz:

If you do, and the problem is that you just don't want it to launch when windows starts, the do this...

Go to Start/run... type in msconfig
Look at the Startup tab of the Sytem config utiliy and uncheck anything belonging to rfagent.exe

makai

penpusher

penpusher

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
spot on nice 0ne thank you thank you.....ur a star.......keep up the good work :tazz: ;) :) :(